THIS ONE GOES OUT TO YOU




Hi! I'm Sarah, creator of Falling Into You. Daughter of the living King, lover of admin, Kit Kats, and anything to do with makeup.

When Lavinia asked me to write an open letter to anyone I wanted, I was stuck. I had a fear that any letter I wrote would be way too straight forward, and although it's meant to be an 'anonymous' letter, I worried the person I was writing to would pick it up immediately. Not too sure why I was so scared, but I was. Then I had the bright idea that I'd just write an open letter to you - yeah you, reading this. Don't worry, I'm not going to put you on the spot or pull you out of the crowd to do some ridiculous act - which actually happened to me once when I went to the circus but that's irrelevant. Anyways, this one goes out to you - so get comfy because I have something to tell you.


To you,

I'm not quite sure how to start this letter. For someone who usually has so many things to say, I’m finally lost for words. My room is completely quiet besides the tapping of my computer keys because, despite having nothing to say, I’m still typing. I’m typing in hopes of coming up with the most beautiful metaphor. I’m thinking that maybe if I just keep typing words that come to my mind, they’ll create a dramatic storyline. Truth is, I have no interesting story to write about. So I'm just going to be honest.

Life. Such a beautiful yet chaotic thing. When God created the world I'm sure He didn't expect it to turn out the way it did. He created it with such love and detail, and when Eve took a bite of that apple, His perfect image came to a sudden holt as sin slowly slithered into the world. Yet despite all this, God still saw His creation as beautiful, and still wanted to take care of it. Another thing is that God's all knowing and He probably already knew that Eve was going to take a bite of that apple wayyyy before she did it and it baffles me to this day how He just sat back and let it happen but at the same time, God never gives you something you can't handle.

Way before Eve took a bite of that apple and both her and Adam were banished from the garden, God had already provided them with everything they needed to survive when He created the universe. He supplied food, clothing and each other so when they started their new life, they could bare their own children and grow the human race (which is you and me, holla!) and look after the planet while they were at it. I mean, they had to work for it, but the resources were still there. Sure, God might not have been so stoked that Satan snaked (haha get it) his way into His world, but God, in His mercy, had a wonderful plan to deal with sin.

So long story short;

We all make mistakes, it's inevitable. But let me tell you one thing. No matter how big your mistake/problem may seem, just remember that your God is wayyyy bigger. He's always going to be holding you and guiding you and when you feel alone, remember He's walking right there alongside you. He loves you with all of His heart and cares for you deeply. He's already forgiven you because believe it or not, He already knows what's going to happen in the future, but just like with Adam and Eve, in His mercy, He has a wonderful plan.

My old high school's bible verse that they lived by was Jeremiah 29:11 and it ties in perfectly with this post. The Lord was speaking to Jeremiah;

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord.
'Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you.
Plans to give you a hope and a future.'"

Huh, guess I had a lot more to say than I thought.


Until next time X