C O M E

I've literally spent the past few weeks running around in a mad haze of stepping on eggshells and trying to desperately maintain the balance between work and a social life. This morning I finally had an opportunity to stop and breathe and actually feel half alive for once. Of course, I decided to spend my morning of freedom the same way any responsible teenager would, tidying my room, which has recently undergone yet another renovation and redecoration. Anyway, that's not the point. After a morning spent down memory lane, with not much tidying actually happening, and ending in me actually wishing for a day back in high school (i think the heats starting to get to my brain). Ha so after all that took place I sat down with full intentions of completing my bible study but ended up sharing this with you instead.

I don't know about you but when I'm doing anything bible related I really appreciate listening to worship music (not that I don't like listening to it at other times, I do) but I feel like it just sets the scene ya know? Either way, I've had the line "O come to the Altar" stuck in my head for weeks now but believe it or not I've never listened to the full song, that I can remember. That's how I ended up here. Because the first two lines cut me right to the core.

" Are you hurting and broken within? Overwhelmed by the weight of your sin?... Have you come to the end of yourself? Do you thirst for a drink from the well?"

Like how did Elevation Worship literally manage to summarise everything that I've been feeling these past few weeks months before I even felt them? And then not even two minutes later I started reading the focal passage for my study and I read these words.

" The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalm 27:1b 

The study then goes on to get you to examine God's promises to David, and I just. 
Sometimes I can be so incredibly blind and caught up in the chaotic mess that I call my life and forget what truly matters. I completely forget about God. And its kind of funny in the most messed up way because whenever I come home and somethings gone wrong at work Mum's just like "make sure you pray about it Lavinia" and I sort of roll my eyes because majority of my being wants to be able to sort it out myself, or waste my life away overthinking it from every possible angle. And that's so stupid!! Because why should I want to exhaust myself thinking about scenarios that will most probably never happen instead of turning them over to the one person who can change them. Honestly, I guess its hard because God works in his timing which is completely different to ours. At the end of the day, he knows the future and is working all things for our good. So I guess all we can do is take David's advice in v.14 and
" be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord "

So with all that in mind, I want to challenge you, and me, to in the last few days of this year make a conscious effort to give everything to God. Not just one or two things but EVERYTHING. To make ourselves completely vulnerable before God with the expectation that he will work everything according to his will, not ours, his.

On that note I really have to go finish this study, but I'll leave you with this song because it is absolute fire!!



Til next time
XO